Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers
Publisher: Springer | Pages: 184 | 2002-01-30 | ISBN: 0792376579 | PDF | 6MB
The semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) has emerged as an important component in many optical fiber communication, switching and signal processing systems. Besides its basic use as an in-line amplifier, SOAs have found use in a myriad of applications. Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers provides a comprehensive and detailed treatment of the design and applications of SOAs.
Key areas covered include:
* Historical background.
* SOA principles - theory of amplification, gain, noise, noise figure, polarisation dependence, spectral bandwidth, dynamics.
* SOA structures - travelling-wave, Fabry-Perot, DBR, DFB, multi-section, twin-guide, polarisation insensitive configurations, low-reflectivity coatings, angled facets, high-power devices, gain clamped devices, SOA packaging.
* Bulk and quantum-well semiconductor materials.
* Static and dynamic modelling - travelling-wave equations, recombination mechanisms, analytical approximations and computer modelling techniques.
* SOA optimisation, slow and fast pulse amplification.
* Applications in optical communication systems - direct detection and coherent receivers, amplified light detection statistics, preamplifier, in-line amplifier, booster amplifier, amplifier chains, SOA based optical network topologies, TDM, WDM, soliton transmission, system experiments, analog systems.
* Non-linear behaviour - cross-gain modulation, self-phase and cross-phase modulation, four-wave mixing, frequency chirping, bistability.
* Functional applications - intensity modulator, phase modulator, switch, add/drop multiplexer, wavelength converter, in-line detector, dispersion compensator, pulse-shaper, all-optical clock recovery, loop mirror configurations, logic functions.
* SOA photonic integrated circuits.
* Current developments and future prospects.
Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers is an invaluable information source for researchers and engineers involved in SOA and optical systems design and manufacturing. It is also useful to graduate students, in optoelectronics, optical communications and optical engineering, entering this rapidly growing and exciting field of research and development.
Parallel Power Electronics Filters in Three-Phase Four-Wire Systems: Principle, Control and Design
Thermal Transport in Strongly Correlated Rare-Earth Intermetallic Compounds
Signal Integrity: Applied Electromagnetics and Professional Practice
Romansy 13: Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators
Stretchable Bioelectronics for Medical Devices and Systems (Microsystems and Nanosystems)
Teardowns: Learn How Electronics Work by Taking Them Apart
Digital Integrated Circuits: Design-for-Test Using Simulink and Stateflow: Design-for-Test Using Sim
John Bird - Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology, 2nd edition
Electric Fields in Composite Dielectrics and their Applications (Power Systems)
Pic Basic Projects: 30 Projects Using Pic Basic And Pic Basic Pro
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Practical Electronics for Inventors, 4th E(3181)
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components, Vol(2973)
Electronics Practicals: real world circuit(2715)
Practical Electronics for Inventors, Fourt(2695)
How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electro(2611)
Step in Electronics Practicals: Real world(2507)
Build Your Own Transistor Radios: A Hobbyi(2437)
How to Build a Quadcopter Drone(2357)
Arduino: A Technical Reference: A Handbook(2344)
Handbook of Electrical Design Details(2212)
The Art of Electronics, 3 edition(2206)
Make: FPGAs: Turning Software into Hardwar(2160)
Brilliant LED Projects: 20 Electronic Desi(1953)
Electronic Projects for Musicians(1897)
Fundamentals of Electronics: Book 1: Elect(1889)